Saturday, September 15, 2012

Love and other bruises ...by Phillip Jensen at The Briefing

"Oppression that cannot be overcome does not give rise to revolt but to submission" (Simone Weil). 
 Phillip Jensen, in true Sydney Anglican style, seeks to justify female submission within the Sydney Anglican diocese, by explaining that women submit of their own free will, and not as a result of male subjugation.

And that's where I come in ... as a Sydney Anglican Complementarian clergy wife... I ensure that young women learn the Sydney Anglican complementarian ways ... that's so the diocese doesn't have to deal with budding feminists, who might protest the inequality that exists between the genders, within the diocese... And where do I learn my craft ...well I learnt it from Phillip Jensen and his Matthias Media resources...but that's not subjugation...I might call it subjugation... if Phillip Jensen was a Muslim! 
 

Of course intelligent Sydney Anglican women are never forced by men to subjugate to Sydney Anglican men... that's because Moore College has two female role models to help model submission...one in charge of The Priscilla and Aquila Centre for reinforcing Complementarianism in women, and the other produces the Equal But Different Journal.
Listen Bill...I want to learn to submit, so we don't have to compromise, like civilised people ...do ya reckon them fine Sydney Anglican complementarian ladies can get all that rebellious sinfulness out of my system... so you can learn to be a real man...and we can learn to discriminate against feminists and gays?
I reckon so Calam...but I can't help you with your homework...because I haven't got a ratz about what Phillip Jensen is implying when he says..."The Christian worldview analyses this abuse in terms of the profound sinfulness of the human heart and therefore rejects the behaviour of such husbands as expressions of a wicked and evil nature in need of repentance and regeneration."


Bill ...don't worry if you can't understand Sydney Anglicans...it's cultural
 
 


 

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe I haven't found this blog earlier. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. My story is long so I willcut it down to being in Perth yet finding myself (without understanding) under the influence of the Sydney Anglicans via uwa Christian union. They told me to leave my beautiful atheist boyfriend and become engaged to a Christian man. I did, and he physically beat me into submission. Ever since then (2001) I have had issues with this group but felt like a lone voice in the wilderness. Thank you for speaking up on my behalf! I hope we can stop these evil men and protect young women from going through the same thing I did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anon, I am so sorry for what you went through and let me say... I believe every word you say.

    ReplyDelete